Monday, September 30, 2013

Penguin Pizza - Boston

This past weekend Mike and I went to the MFA in Boston for an assignment I had to do for school. Mike went to Northeastern which is right next to the MFA so he's spent a fair amount of time at the bars restaurants in the area. By far, one of his favorites is Penguin Pizza. I think he likes it more for the beer than the pizza, but that's besides the point. I had been to Penguin Pizza before but they didn't have gluten free last time I went. I called just to make sure - turns out they have gluten free dough now! We walked our way over there and got a cute little table in the corner. WARNING: no matter what season it it, it will be very hot inside. We ended up getting the traditional pepperoni and the Aegean pizzas, both on gluten free crust. To be honest, the crust was OK. It almost seemed like it needs to be pre-cooked before the toppings were put on because it seemed a little too doughy for me. It wasn't horrible though, as evidenced by the fact that we ate every last piece of both pizzas. It had good flavor and was about 10" big. We were pretty hungry so we got two, but one was way too big for just me. On a not starving day, we would have been fine with just one split between the two of us. I forgot to take pictures, but they wouldn't have shown much anyways because they put so many delicious toppings on that you can't even see the crust! 

Another plus, they had a couple different kinds of hard cider and I think two gluten fee beers. 

After pizza we were off to see our sweet friends Kim and Jan whom we hadn't seen in forever! The perfect treat to end a great night :)

Give it a try and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment